How can the Dementia Care Specialist (DCS) Help?
Anyone affected by dementia can connect with their local Dementia Care Specialist. The ADRC and DCS are here to support those that are:
- Concerned they may have symptoms or have dementia
- Caring for someone with dementia.
- Looking to learn more as a business owner or leader serve people with dignity and be part of a dementia friendly community.
- Memory Screens
- Strategies to address dementia-related communication and behavioral issues
- Assistance with Care Planning
- Connections to support groups, resources, and services
- Connections to Memory Cafés and other dementia-related opportunities available in your community
Dementia Friendly Businesses:
The DCS can help your business become dementia friendly. This includes training your staff and suggestions for environmental changes.
Increased Civic Awareness:
The DCS welcomes opportunities to provide outreach to educate organizations and community members about dementia, the DCS program, and dementia friendly communities.
To contact the Dementia Care Specialist,
please call 866-663-3607.
For more detailed information, upcoming education, events,
please go to www.adrc-n-wi.org/dementia/
The mission of the Dementia Care Specialist Program is:
- To support people with dementia and their caregivers in order to ensure the highest quality of life possible while living at home.
- To be a catalyst to create dementia friendly communities by raise awareness of the unique needs of people with dementia and their families.