What We DoThe Veteran's Service Office provides information and assistance for veterans who wish to apply for benefits. Some of the benefits available are listed below.
Overview of Benefits
- Burial Benefits for all veterans. Benefits vary with the individual
- G.I. Bill for Education
- G.I. Insurance
- G.I. Loans
- Health Benefits - we provide transportation to the VA Hospital in Minneapolis (Please schedule ride 2 workdays in advance)
- Non-Service Pension for veterans that were in during war time and have income below present rates
- Nursing Home Assistance
- Service Connected Compensation for injury or illness while in the service
- Aid to Needy Vet Grants
- Retraining Grants
- Tuition and Fee Reimbursement Grants
- Wisconsin Veterans Home
Learn more about veteran burial services, such as burial flags, headstones, and markers.
Learn more about veteran education services, such as loans, grants, and work-study programs.
View financial assistance opportunities for veterans, such as personal loans and the WDVA Aid to Needy Vets Grant.
The Sawyer County area is a part of the VISN 23 Network of Veteran Healthcare Administration (VHA) Services. Learn more about health benefits for veterans.
Find services to help support veterans trying to buy or improve a home.
Find help with recording DD-214s and completing necessary applications.
The Department of Veteran Affairs strives to fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's veterans.