NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
STATE OF WISCONSIN
PUBLIC NOTICE is hereby given to all persons that a PUBLIC HEARING will be held on Tuesday, May 18, 2010 at 7:00 PM in the Sawyer County Courthouse, 10610 Main, Hayward Wisconsin before the Sawyer County Board of Appeals relative to the following proposals:
1) Call to Order and Roll Call
2) Statement of Committee and Hearing Procedure
3) Statement of Hearing Notice
APPEAL OF A DECISION MADE BY AN ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICIAL
Appellant Douglas J. Kurtzweil appeals a decision made by the Zoning Administration to approve a land use permit application made by Patricia Valusek and John Klos for the purpose of constructing a new 40’ x 25’ (2,500 sq ft) dwelling and a 30’ x 25’ (750 sq ft) detached garage on property (an island on the Chippewa Flowage) located in part of Gov’t lot 6, Section 31, T 40N, R 6W; Parcel :6.3, Legacy Pin #012-640-31-5603. Document #364977. The property is approximately 32 acres and is zoned Residential/Recreational One. The Appellant believes the Sawyer County Zoning Administration issued the Land Use Permit in violation of Section 4.412, Lake Access, and Section 4.413, Island Development. In the event the Sawyer County Board of Appeals reverses the decision, the Land Use Permit #10-014 must be revoked/rescinded.
1) Town of Bass Lake – Oakridge Family Limited Partnership c/o Christine Seidling. Part of Gov’t lot 4, S33, T 40N, R 9W; Parcel :4.4. Doc# 364426. 3.924 acres. Property is zoned Residential/Recreational One. Application is for the construction of an irregularly shaped addition extending the north end by 38’ the south end by 25’ and the west end by 31’. The overall footprint with proposed additions would be 31’ x 55’ and is located approximately 21’ to the ordinary high water mark of Lac Courte Oreilles. The total footprint would be 1705 square feet. Variance is requested as Section 4.421(2)(a), Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance, would require the prior granting of a variance for any expansion of the dwelling as it is located less than 40’ to the ordinary high water mark. Section 4.21(2)(b)(4), would require the prior granting of a variance to exceed the total footprint of 1500 square feet.
2) Town of Round Lake - Bryan Renton etux. Part of lot 1, being part of Gov’t lot 2, S31, T 41N, R 7W; Parcel :2.2. 11.75 acres. Property is Zoned Forestry One. Application is for the construction of a 20’ x 24’ 2 story addition onto an existing cabin at a setback distance of 48’ to the ordinary high water mark of Osprey Lake. The existing cabin is currently 29’ from the ordinary high water mark of the lake. The foundation of the existing cabin would also be replaced during the time of construction. Variance is requested as Section 4.421(2)(a), Sawyer County Zoning Ordinance, would require the prior granting of a variance for any expansion of the dwelling as it is located less than 40’ to the ordinary high water mark of the lake.
/s/Al Gerber, Chairman
Sawyer County Board of Appeals
Sawyer County Zoning & Conservation Administration
P.O. Box 676
Hayward, WI 54843
Copies: Board Members
Dave Kafura, DNR
Thomas J. Duffy, Corp. Council
Published: May 5, 2010
May 12, 2010